Sunday, March 06, 2005

If I had a little white box...

Last night, luke and I went and had a late dinner at Denny's after I finished up at work. As we were nearing the end of our meal, the waitress (who was wearing a banana clip, I might add) came to see if we needed anything else. I said, "Can I get a box?" This seems a simple and common enough question, yet the waitress looked at me and says, "A To Go Box?" I said yes and she went away. Luke and I were kind enough to wait until she was gone to laugh a lot about it. "A To Go Box?" No, maam, I need a refrigerator box. A Box of hamburger buns. A Box of sugar packets. I now wonder what sort of boxes I had at my disposal that I have now passed up the opportunity to receive.

3 comments:

Underling Revived said...

I would have looked her in the eye and said as seriously as possible, "No, a box of tampons."

Just to see what her reaction was.

Trav said...

I think it would have been funny to say, "Of course not. I want a 'For Here' box."

Scott Jones said...

Travis is right. Which is why I always find the store "Condoms to Go" to be so odd. I wonder what "Condoms for Here" would be?