Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Things That Are Happening...

We are settling nicely into this house. The basement will be finished tomorrow, and our family room will be complete with plenty of room for guests. So, any time anyone wants a breath of fresh air, you are welcome to come and shack up with Luke and I...and by shack up, I mean you must come up here and get married to us. We do live in Mormon country.

So, here are some new developments in our lives...

* Philip said his first real words (aside from your basic Mama, Dada, Bye Bye) and they were "Thank you." Man, I am an AWESOME Mom.


* Helen no longer asks to "Go Home." She says "New House." Even when we are in the backyard and she wants to go inside, she says, "Inside new house."

* We have done enough work on this house that every time I get in the car with the kids Helen shouts, "YEA!!! Home Depot!!"

* Philip is going to walk any day now and then I will have two completely mobile children. I expect shortly after that, I will explode.

* Helen shows great signs toward wanting to potty train again. All of her stuffed animals go "pee pee" in the potty everyday.

* We got a dog. He is a mutt. His name is Willard. Two days after we got him, he actually exploded with diarrhea and spent three days at the vet with "Corona Virus." I made the woman at the shelter where we bought him pay for that brief hospitalization.

* Whenever the dog goes out to go to the bathroom, Helen says that Willard has pee peed in the potty. I think this as accurate as I can get from her right now.

* Yesterday, while getting in trouble, Helen looked me right in the eye and began singing, "Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me..." at the top of her voice. I think this was intentional.

* Philip can eat three Vienna Sausages in a single sitting and I don't necessarily believe this is a good thing.

* Philip and Helen wear the same size diaper, the same size shoe and are within four pounds and four inches of one another. In the past week a half a dozen people have asked me if they are twins. And while they are roughly the same size, Philip is clearly not as cognitively functional as Helen, so I always wonder if people who DON'T ask feel sad that I have a retarded baby.

* Luke's grandfather came for a visit and it went very well.

* My parents will be here on Friday...for good. Hooray!

Well, that is enough for now. I just wanted to catch you all up on my life, you know, aside from the feeling sorry for myself. That has, fortunately passed.

No comments: